Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wifi Enable, Disable, Connect Scripts Bug
I tried to submit a pull request for this on Github, but the entire /home/pi/RetrOrangePi/Wifi directory appears to be missing from all the repos I could find. 

In the ./Enable.sh, ./Disable.sh and ./Connect.sh scripts included in 4.3, the interpreter statements at the top are all typo'd. 

As installed, they read: #!bin/bash -- they should read #!/bin/bash

They run okay because by default they're run from within EmulationStation and so inherit the interpreter of the session that calls them, but run on their own outside of ES from the commandline, they fail. Easy to fix, but wanted to raise the bug for correction.
i need to add a retrostone branch, so you can make a pull request anyway so i can keep track of it
thanks for the heads up
(06-29-2020, 02:13 PM)alexkidd Wrote: i need to add a retrostone branch, so you can make a pull request anyway so i can keep track of it
thanks for the heads up

Should I wait for the RS branch? I was just going to make the changes directly from the website, since I don't routinely manage code via CLI.
(06-20-2020, 08:16 PM)megashub Wrote: I tried to submit a pull request for this on Github, but the entire /home/pi/RetrOrangePi/Wifi directory appears to be missing from all the repos I could find. 

In the ./Enable.sh, ./Disable.sh and ./Connect.sh scripts included in 4.3, the interpreter statements at the top are all typo'd. 

As installed, they read: #!bin/bash -- they should read #!/bin/bash

They run okay because by default they're run from within EmulationStation and so inherit the interpreter of the session that calls them, but run on their own outside of ES from the commandline, they fail. Easy to fix, but wanted to raise the bug for correction.

I changed the "Connect.sh" script to connect directly to my network

Code:
#!/bin/bash
#sudo nmtui
SSID="My Wifi Network"
KEY=123MyKey
sudo nmcli d wifi connect "${SSID}" password ${KEY}

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Connecting to wifi retrofan 21 4,218 06-08-2020, 11:23 AM
Last Post: alexkidd
Thumbs Down Retrostone 2 wifi and psx memory card Krempo 3 894 06-05-2020, 03:01 PM
Last Post: timespawn
  Disable menu background music Bebef 1 623 02-15-2020, 09:29 AM
Last Post: Marco Verhoeven
  Disable 2nd splash-screen - orange-mushroom / edit boot-space-invader [FIXED] pushka 9 2,252 02-07-2020, 03:27 AM
Last Post: pushka
  [Request] Build scripts for Retrostone2 jandusoft 1 612 01-31-2020, 08:40 PM
  Trying to connect to RS2 via Network cable reaktor24 2 757 01-22-2020, 07:55 PM
Last Post: reaktor24
  wifi not connecting dotalxchan 7 1,827 01-22-2020, 02:40 PM