Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ScummVM
Got my RS2 yesterday and it mostly works fine besides the audio problems (buffer underrun).

I use the newest build.

Mouse:

I installed a few SCUMM games, and they are in principle working when I add a mouse. But I have seen in other information that the direction buttons should move the mouse, which it doesn't in in the ScummVM emulator. Is there a way to activate this behaviour, or is that only working in Raspian?

Exiting ScummVM:

Usally Select + Start work to end an emulator, but it does not work in the ScummVM. Any ideas?

Even with the mouse you cannot exit the emulator, you need a Keyboard for that.

Any other users trying to play SCUMM games?
Using the default emulator, only the joystick version should work out of the box se at the moment
anyway, with a few tweaks i was able to enable the libretro core with better input support (dpad worked).
Upcoming update should feature the fix
(01-29-2020, 05:09 PM)alexkidd Wrote: Using the default emulator, only the joystick version should work out of the box se at the moment
anyway, with a few tweaks i was able to enable the libretro core with better input support (dpad worked).
Upcoming update should feature the fix

Hi alexkidd
First of all thanks for your hard work with retrostone distr.

Have one question regarding ScummVM. Just installed fresh image v3. I just assumed that in this ver. you implemented all last fixes and there should be also a feature regarding ScummVM - dpad shoud act like a mouse... In my case unfortunatel not... button are mapped in correct way but dpad id dead Smile
Would you be so kind and check this or give some hint how to deal with  that
Once again thanks for your work
Mike
Select the romdir launcher option
It should work
(02-21-2020, 11:02 AM)alexkidd Wrote: Select the romdir launcher option
It should work

you mean i should start rom stright from emustation and then enter into config and change default emu for that ?
cant find this romdir launcher Sad
Hi

I've find a way to run scummvm games using lr-scummvm emulator launching them from ES without need to launch romdir-launcher.sh menu

1. Go to /opt/retropie/configs/scummvm/emulators.cfg
2. Change the line:

lr-scummvm = "/opt/retropie/emulators/retroarch/bin/retroarch -L /opt/retropie/libretrocores/lr-scummvm/romdir-launcher.sh %ROM% --config /opt/retropie/configs/scummvm/retroarch.cfg %ROM%"

By this one:

lr-scummvm = "/opt/retropie/libretrocores/lr-scummvm/romdir-launcher.sh %ROM%"

3. Reboot EmultaionStation

Now you can launch every game directly from scummvm menu and play only with RS2 controls. No need of keyboard nor mouse.

Hope it helps!
Great !

Tried it, but the RS2 controls not work for me !
(04-21-2020, 08:54 AM)Dubs Wrote: Great !

Tried it, but the RS2 controls not work for me !

Controls are working.

if you have the model without stick you must deactivate it in quick menu-controls for the dpad to work

Watch the video:

https://vimeo.com/user32264963/review/41...2b6d246700
Thanks,
I have the model without stick indeed, I will search a solution
(btw your link is broken)
(04-21-2020, 09:27 AM)Dubs Wrote: Thanks,
I have the model without stick indeed, I will search a solution
(btw your link is broken)

in-game open retroarch, then controls - user 1 device type = RetroPad (not with analog) / user 1 analog to digital type = none

Save changes with save core overrides  Wink

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Joystick for ScummVM rolle 2 1,191 10-06-2020, 06:53 PM
Last Post: rolle