Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OrangePi Zero Plus 2 - USB not working
(11-27-2019, 09:49 PM)indevo Wrote: sudo dtc -I dtb -O dts -o sun8i-h3-orangepi-zeroplus2.dtb sun8i-h3-orangepi-zeroplus2.dtb
sudo sed -i -e 's/dr_mode = "otg";/dr_mode = "host";/g' sun8i-h3-orangepi-zeroplus2.dtb
sudo dtc -I dts -O dtb -o sun8i-h3-orangepi-zeroplus2.dtb sun8i-h3-orangepi-zeroplus2.dtb

it did not work! = (

Recheck the commands , they're all spelled wrong,
last one you must convert back DTS to DTB:
sudo dtc -I dtb -O dts -o sun8i-h3-orangepi-zeroplus2.dts sun8i-h3-orangepi-zeroplus2.dtb
sudo sed -i -e 's/dr_mode = "otg";/dr_mode = "host";/g' sun8i-h3-orangepi-zeroplus2.dts

sudo dtc -I dts -O dtb -o sun8i-h3-orangepi-zeroplus2.dtb sun8i-h3-orangepi-zeroplus2.dts
edit: ohh I copied the commands from another source and entered the correct ones.
The reasons were different:

ok i got it working

you must change:

dr_mode = "host"
and in all blocks

usb @ ...
status = "okay"
dr_mode = "host"

there will be 3-4 blocks and somewhere you need to add it manually.

edit 2:

usb@1c1d400 {
compatible = "allwinner,sun8i-h3-ohci\0generic-ohci";
reg = <0x1c1d400 0x100>;
interrupts = <0x00 0x4f 0x04>;
clocks = <0x03 0x24 0x03 0x28 0x03 0x5f>;
resets = <0x03 0x15 0x03 0x19>;
phys = <0x0f 0x03>;
phy-names = "usb";
status = "okay";
dr_mode = "host";
phandle = <0x43>;
};

and so on
----
And I don’t see in this version of the RCA video = (is it not here too?
No, not support on mainline (kernel 4.19 and above)
https://linux-sunxi.org/Linux_mainlining...tus_Matrix
http://retrorangepi.download/RetrOrangeP...top.img.7z
broken link?
Hi guys i have the same problem with the orangepi1 board , i tried 4.3 and it won't detect the usb ports , so i went back to the  4.2 slim , but the game pad controller in 4.2 won´t map the LT and the RT , is there any solution to this ? i wanted to know if you guys figure out 

thanks
(01-04-2021, 12:57 AM)asegura074 Wrote: Hi guys i have the same problem with the orangepi1 board , i tried 4.3 and it won't detect the usb ports , so i went back to the  4.2 slim , but the game pad controller in 4.2 won´t map the LT and the RT , is there any solution to this ? i wanted to know if you guys figure out 

thanks
You already mapped  Left and Right Shoulder?
if yes you need more Gpio
there are 2 spare according to this picture: https://github.com/retr0rangepi/RetrOran...nline/GPIO
but one is for hotkey button.
maybe you can try to modify: /home/pi/RetrOrangePi/GPIO/drivers/tz_gpio_controller.py if you decide to use only one joystick.
If is one of the gpio in the picture maybe your board has different mapping:

you have to edit: 
/home/pi/RetrOrangePi/GPIO/orangepi_PC_gpio_pyH3-master/pyA20/gpio/mapping.h
and then recompile:
cd /home/pi/RetrOrangePi/GPIO/orangepi_PC_gpio_pyH3-master/
sudo rm -r build
sudo python setup.py install

to check if a gpio is working i use this script:
Code:
#!/usr/bin/env python
import os,sys
if not os.getegid() == 0:
sys.exit()
from pyA20.gpio import gpio,connector,port
#from config import *
gp = port.PL0

gpio.init()
gpio.setcfg(gp, gpio.INPUT)
gpio.pullup(gp, gpio.PULLUP)

state=gpio.input(gp)
print state

gpio.setcfg(gp, gpio.OUTPUT)
gpio.output(gp,0)

state=gpio.input(gp)
print state

gpio.setcfg(gp, gpio.OUTPUT)
gpio.output(gp,1)

state=gpio.input(gp)
print state
you have to write there: gp = port.PL0  the gpio that you want to use for example replace PL0 with PA3 and run the script as root.
If the result is 1 0 1 the gpio should be available and working.
I'm assuming USB support is still broken in the official image? Is it only the USB ports that are on the header, or is the OTG broken as well?

I'm running 4.2 slim right now, but since jessie is a little long in the tooth, I can't get the updates working, scraper working, etc.

Also, to the RetrOrangePi team, big thank you. You guys are awesome.

(01-15-2021, 12:24 AM)printnplay Wrote: I'm assuming USB support is still broken in the official image? Is it only the USB ports that are on the header, or is the OTG broken as well?

I'm running 4.2 slim right now, but since jessie is a little long in the tooth, I can't get the updates working, scraper working, etc.

As an added note. I wrote the latest version to a MicroSD card, then connected the card to another linux device. I was able to nano into the /boot/armbianEnv.txt and and usbhost0 and usbhost1 to the overlays but, unfortunately, the install still does not pick up my gamepad. The gamepad does work in 4.2. I'm a bit limited, since I have no way to access the device without having usb working. Any ideas?
(01-15-2021, 12:24 AM)printnplay Wrote: I'm assuming USB support is still broken in the official image? Is it only the USB ports that are on the header, or is the OTG broken as well?

As an added note. I wrote the latest version to a MicroSD card, then connected the card to another linux device. I was able to nano into the /boot/armbianEnv.txt and and usbhost0 and usbhost1 to the overlays but, unfortunately, the install still does not pick up my gamepad. The gamepad does work in 4.2. I'm a bit limited, since I have no way to access the device without having usb working. Any ideas?

Okay, got it working after performing the other edits listed above. Sorry!
(01-15-2021, 02:33 AM)printnplay was wonding if you can share a working copy Wrote:

Okay, got it working after performing the other edits listed above. Sorry!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Music Orangepi lite no sound. mathv86 0 149 09-12-2021, 09:19 AM
Last Post: mathv86
  OrangePi PC Plus - Setup Install on EMMC roms on SD yolkfolk 8 4,726 11-27-2020, 01:04 AM
Last Post: Drew Nucci
  OrangePi PC not boot _ElementoZerO_ 0 787 08-25-2020, 08:16 PM
Last Post: _ElementoZerO_
  OrangePi Zero 512MB LTS mkenny17 0 737 08-08-2020, 10:41 AM
Last Post: mkenny17
  Orangepi PC Plus has no WiFi barney_1 0 988 07-18-2020, 01:57 AM
Last Post: barney_1
  Latest orange PI PC2 what is working and what is not: Lamerjack 28 12,177 04-30-2020, 10:50 PM
Last Post: dvs
  GPIO Activation & PINOUT need OrangePi PC Gnomx 2 1,288 04-10-2020, 05:12 AM
Last Post: Gnomx
  OrangePi plus 2 support einhander 2 1,607 04-09-2020, 10:29 PM
Last Post: einhander
  OrangePi +2e doesnt ffmpeg driver zarkon 3 1,785 02-20-2020, 06:29 PM
Last Post: alexkidd
  Orangepi PC 3.5 jack Fido 0 991 01-29-2020, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Fido