Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connecting to wifi
Hi guys,

I need guidance for wifi connection. this is my connection setting. Is anything which I left out or done wrong?? Thanks

My wifi setting on Retrostone

Profile name: Wifi connection 1

Device: (Blank)

SSID: (my internet ID)
Mode: Access Point
Channel: Automatic

Security: WPA &WPA2 Personnel
Password: (my password)

BBSID: (Blank)
Cloned Mac Address: (Blank)
MTU: (Blank)

IPv4:  Automatic     <show>
IPv6: Automatic      <show>
[X] Automatic connect
[X] Available for all users
Manual connection is not needed at all
you must select ENABLE from RetroPie - RetrOrangePi - Wifi submenu
then you select CONNECT, then Activate a connection
Available access point should appear listed
(02-10-2020, 12:59 AM)alexkidd Wrote: Manual connection is not needed at all
you must select ENABLE from RetroPie - RetrOrangePi - Wifi submenu
then you select CONNECT, then Activate a connection
Available access point should appear listed

Hi Alexkidd,

Thanks for the guid, I tried activate a connection after click on enable. The activate menu only show wire connection. That is the problem why I manually input the wifi detail at the beginning. Could you see what I have done wrong?
if you choose Enable, then Connect , your access point is not being found (maybe it's too far away) and there is nothing we can do
(02-10-2020, 01:57 AM)alexkidd Wrote: if you choose Enable, then Connect , your access point is not being found (maybe it's too far away) and there is nothing we can do

The router is next to me .. I have been connecting it via Ethernet cable for transferring files across from my computer. I do have other raspberry pi console and have no issue with wifi connection.. I thought retrostone would be same..
you're the only one with such issue, so i recommend you to reflash the image, following the Readme1st thread and the bugfix from Feb 5
Maybe its a hardware issue and your wifi module isn't working
(02-10-2020, 08:48 AM)alexkidd Wrote: you're the only one with such issue, so i recommend you to reflash the image, following the Readme1st thread and the bugfix from Feb 5

I think I will wait for the new firmware to out before flash it. As I mentioned before I am connecting it with ethernet cable for files transfer. It not a big issue. Thanks anyway
(02-10-2020, 08:48 AM)alexkidd Wrote: you're the only one with such issue, so i recommend you to reflash the image, following the Readme1st thread and the bugfix from Feb 5

He's not the only one. This is my experience:

I initially set up my Retrostone 2 using whatever the latest version was a few weeks ago. Got wifi working fine using the terminal, as instructed. A day or two later, SNES stopped working and I couldn't figure out how to fix it. Because I knew that everything is a work in progress, I put it down and decided to wait for bug fixes. So today I installed the latest release and began to set it up the same way.

After adding a connection for my network (the same network as before), if I go into "Activiate a connection," the wifi connection I set up simply is not there. If I go back into "Edit a connection," it appears. So I can edit the wifi connectiont that I created but I am unable to activiate it.

Incidentally, after doing this, I went back to the desktop. From the network settings I can see the wifi connection that I set up through the retropiemenu, but it's as if the wifi card isn't there. It doesn't try to connect, and I am unable to activate it from the desktop.

I don't have anything else to add, other than to reiterate that he isn't the only one experiencing this problem... and I got it to work under a previous version, so I have at least some idea of what I'm doing.
A video would be helpful to evaluate a failed step somehow
I'll just enforce this one more time , wifi is disabled when launching emulationstation and it has to be enabled in the proper menu as per instructed
Is it possible to define a hotkey combination like pressing both keys L1+L2 (on the back of the RS2) for enabling/disabling wifi from within the EmuStation Menu?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wifi Enable, Disable, Connect Scripts Bug megashub 3 598 08-03-2020, 10:46 PM
Last Post: antoni
Thumbs Down Retrostone 2 wifi and psx memory card Krempo 3 945 06-05-2020, 03:01 PM
Last Post: timespawn
  wifi not connecting dotalxchan 7 1,935 01-22-2020, 02:40 PM
Last Post: alexkidd