Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New image/bugfix update - FEB 13th
(02-13-2020, 07:07 PM)alexkidd Wrote: How to update:

1. Connect your Retrostone to ethernet or wifi
2. Press Start - Quit - Quit EmulationStation
3. Download the update file: "wget http://retrorangepi.download/bugfix2.tar.gz
"   
4. Uncompress the file: "sudo tar -zxvf bugfix2.tar.gz -C /"  (case sensitive)
5. Remove one unwanted package: "sudo apt-get remove xserver-xorg-input-joystick"
6. Turn off the unit: "sudo poweroff"
7. Turn on 

note: type commands without the double quotes 

If you want the full image , please head to the Readme 1st thread for the download link. Take some time to read the notes and instructions while your image downloads.

Thanks guys.

-------

Enjoying RetrOrangePi? Buy a few beers!   [Image: biggrin.png]

Hi alexkidd, if I had the v2 image and updated using the first bugfix, will updating that with the second bugfix take me to v3?
@daboodamonk Yes
Thank you so much for all of your work on this, the experience has been amazing so far!!

Are there any suggestions or tips available on how to improve the performance of Nintendo 64 games?  I've noticed that there's a slow-down / stutter problem that happens quite a lot, and it happens across multiple games (Conker's Bad Fur Day, Pokemon Puzzle League, Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time, etc)

Just wondering if there are maybe some settings I can tweak or adjust to see if it improves anything.
Tous les émulateurs ont un son craqué J'ai le même problème
@iori54 consider contacting 8BCraft, nobody has the same issues you have, most likely not software , or you're using cheap fake sdcards
@Skorobeus
N64 is a challenging platform , even for more powerful boards like the Raspberry Pi3. So there are few things to do.  Try changing the default emulators (at Launch screen). Conker is one of the heaviest games , but should work slightly better with the gles2n64 core

Edit: there are config files in /opt/retropie/configs/n64 you can take a look, maybe you can get a few more frames
The cracked song appear when batterie down if i plug the cracked song disapear
https://youtu.be/2ZwsZjmIt2M?t=760

Thank you for your hard work.
I tested HDMI.
The resolution may not be recognized correctly.
Screen is a bit small.
Watch the video.
You don't know what you are saying because this video is in Japanese, but this video was made for Japanese people.

Question:
Will HDMI behave like a hot plug in the future?
Currently a reboot is required.
[Image: 0215200042.jpg]

Works just fine! You've done it again! Thank you, Alexkidd!
@hando

First, check your TV configuration and try to change resolution to 1280x720.

If it does not work, you can try to force 4K resolution in the boot config file: sudo nano /boot/armbianEnv.txt , but a higher resolution than 720p is likely to impact performance. You'll have to edit /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg manually too, changing 1280 -> 3840 and 720 -> 2160 .

Hotplug is currently not supported in the kernel. You may want to speak to Pierre about this.

@A_Big_Guy Sweet, enjoy!! What game is that?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Update, when? 999Nocturne 5 539 09-18-2020, 09:44 AM
Last Post: Marco Verhoeven
  Bug Fixes release - Update Feb 5th alexkidd 86 15,158 02-13-2020, 07:09 PM
Last Post: alexkidd
  New image - Looking for testers - Jan23th alexkidd 85 16,648 02-10-2020, 01:42 PM
Last Post: alexkidd