Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bluetooth controllers work in retrorange pi 4.3 menus but not in Retroarch games
Exclamation 
Hello boys. I try connect the bluetooth 8bitdo and other wireless crontollers and you can configure input and use on Retrorangepi 4,3 menus and psp emulator but not in Retrostone Games. I try with 3 differents last 3 images of Retrorangepi the last 4th April that configures Retrostone Joystick and mappings of retroarch and N64. I try at bluetooth but its 99% imposible. Any idea?
the retrostone controller is always player 1
to make an external controller act as player 1, you must change its index in Retroarch settings menu - Input - User 1 Binds - User 1 Device Index

subject was discussed here and there is a script to make it easier
http://orangepi.club/showthread.php?tid=3401
Thanks Alex but I have done all this things you have said in post below. But not works for me. I have add two differents  8 bitdo and other both of them are show in user 1 device index. Both of them as been registered on retrorangepi start input mapping. And 8bitdo not but the other has been registered throw bluetooth searching in his 2 differents connection mode. As you know this kind of controllers have differents types of inputs: switch mode, d input, x input. All is ok in the menus of retrorange pi and on psp emulator that dont need reteoarch, but when I enter in retroarch and I go to user 1 device index when I change the system freeze and need to restart

Now I have put Retrostone controller as player 1 and 8bitdo (xbox 360 controller) as player 2. And I enter this time in User 2 Binds to see its there is any difference but the same. I thing that the screen not freeze, is that retrostone controller get off and then I can not control nothing just when I select Xbox 360 controles as user 2 binds. I have a menu in retropie menu called Jostick selection and when I enter I have 3 options. The first 2 are Global joystick selection and the second system especific joystick selection. I have retrostone as 1 and xbox 360 controller as 2 in both options. When I enter in to a gameboy game in retroarch it shows; Microsoft 360 not configurated I think in port #0 ( because is too large and I cant see and Retrostone 2 controle configurated in port #1

Pictures

More.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

i dont see any pictures
anyway, tested with my 8Bitdo Zero Gamepad, got it working, but shortcuts still need tweaks. Working on it.
Sorry i was updating the post because the pictures was low res, and with bad orientation I have change for medium resolution and put in the correct angle but are moving again ... I dont know why

More pictures

Why the pictures are moved?

The good thing would be to make a video to put in to youtube named " How to install a bluetooth controller on a Retrostone 2 with retrorangepi 4,3 to play in Retroarch. 3 days on google looking for info and there is videos but not in retrorangepi 4,3 with retroarch 1.7.5 and Retrostone 2. Thats the problem no one software in a hardware, is a program with scripts inside another program inside other program to conect a wirelles accesory to play on a tv with hdmi Wink

I have read all this. I start with this from you... and then the other commentaries...

1. Connect to wifi or ethernet (for wifi, choose Enable from RetroPie - RetrOrangePi - Wifi submenu), then Connect
2. Go back to RetroPie section, choose RetroPie-Setup
3. Select Update RetroPie-Setup script and confirm it
4. Now go to Manage Packages
5. Choose Manage experimental packages
6. Roll down the list and choose joystick-selection
7. Choose Build from source
8. Now choose Configuration / Options
9. Make sure your controllers are connected, configure as desired
10. ROUND 1, FIGHT

RetroArch bluetooth controller
Every video showing how to setup a bluetooth controller for RetroArch, just shows how to go into Input > Input User 1 Binds > User 1 Bind all, and then you type in the buttons.

However, when I do this, my controller(s) never work. Do I need to somehow pair the controller to RetroArch before setting up the buttons? I can't find any info on this......please help

(I have RetroArch installed on Windows 10, and yes I have bluetooth enabled on the PC)

UPDATE: RESOLVED. See the bottom of this post

So, I got an already used retropie from a friend, who ended up building something else. Problem is, I want to use it with a SNES controller that I have, but it was already configured for another controller (wireless PS3 I think).

I checked the Github Wiki on controller configuration https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Set...figuration

And it says "RetroArch controls have been integrated into EmulationStation and will be the first thing you see when you boot from the RetroPie SD image the first time. You can also access it from the start menu within EmulationStation under the Configure Input option. Your joypad is automagically configured for libretro (RetroArch) emulators when you configure your controller in EmulationStation."

Sounds great. But, I'm not booting up for the first time. After searching around a bit I found you could force EmulationStation to reinitialize a new controller by going to the command prompt and deleting the es_input.cfg.

That "worked" in that it allowed me to configure my SNES controller to work on the EmulationStation menu, but it appears to have done nothing to configure it to work on RetroArch. I assume, since the controller will not work on any of the ROMs

So, how do I simply push my controller input from EmulationStation to RetroArch/ROMs?

RESOLUTION

I don't know why it was so hard to track down this information, as it's much simpler than most of what is described in the documentation.

All you need to do is the following: 1. From the "Retropie" menu select the option that lets you configure RetroArch through RGUI

Go to Settings

Go to Input

Select Input User 1 Binds

Select User 1 Bind All

Just like in the EmulationStation Config, grab the controller you want to use and follow the prompts to bind each button.

Save the Configuration (or find the "Save configuration on Exit" option and turn it on).

May be in the past, but now its not working. May be every update have diferences. I donk know. But Its not working ;(

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

First time i tried yesterday, it would work but mappings were incomplete,  the shortcuts werent working. So I followed this: https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Set...Controller after a clean install, and it worked out of the box.
[Image: 8bitdo.jpg]
This picture is gambatte palette DMG internal, with one of the 5 games from gb that comes with retrorangepi 4.3 image of 4th of april? I have connected finally the controller. Mi 8bitdo no connects for bluetooth menu but was working fine. When I said that retroarch was freeze but really not. I have a idea to connect a usb wired keyboard, nobody tell me about do this no videos or replies show me that. Then I connect the keyboard with dificulties because directions arrow left and up, but no down or right. Enter nor working on his place was Alt. Control was working like back and to pop up the blue screen like if you press in retrostone select + X with the keyboard was with num5+X. It was infernal Smile. But thanks to this I can enter to bind 1 and bind 2 to configurate each controller in one player I mapping retrostone controller and in the second one the 8bitdo (xbox360 controller mode connected with start+Y, others modes was others connect options). Then I change the joystick options created with experimental packages. 3 option by name was On. And I tried with global joystick selection and retroarch all emulators by put retrostone 1 player and xbox 360 (8bitdo) player 2. And changing opposite. I enter in gb with retroarch but was not working then I go back option 2 ( system specific joystick selection) of joystick menu again in all selections and I go down to gb. It was empty but the 4 players shows unset then I put the two controllers and in dreamcast too. Then I go back again to retroarch and I put bind 1 with opposite controllers all this configuration with the keydboard with the special keys lol. Then I saved configuration and was working fine but only with xbox 360 controller never retrostone was working only 360 controller and I dont know why because I have one in each bind, one of them in bind 1 and the other in bind 2. Now the problem was that I can not go out like select +X with retrostone controlle because this was not working, then I must to press num 5+X in the keybord. Then I realized that I need to mapping 2 special controls to simulate in xbox 360 controller press selec+X because all keys was working but not this combination or mix. Then I change mapping I put Select on L3 thumbstick as hotkey and R3 as X, then this combination give me pseudo select and x. Now I can open retroarch menu to change configuration from 8bitdo (xbox 360 controller mode) but no with retrostone controller. Then I quit Retrostone saving configuration file before. I put another game and Go out again. Its curious but when I push at the same time L3 and R3 (like select+X in retrostone once its open retroarch configuration menu but twice it works like select and star and quits directly. Then is very difficult when I discover more less want to play lol. Because you need to connect a keyboard at he beginning for sure to install the experimental packaged to activate joystick options and to change binds 1 and 2. And then change again joystick options and binds to alternate between retrostone controllers and others usb wireless controllers. Its very tedious. Wold be good only 1 switch to alternate this. I have modes that connect the 2 controllers. For example in reicast with Desdly Skies flight simulator game. I was using xbox 360 controller with the plane but when I remap buttons I put to toggle map on the dpad left and change target on dpad right . But all buttons work find less L1 L2 R1 y R2 and dpad, then I press dpad of retrostone controllers and was working then I was blown away. Then I reinstall last 4 th of april image and I will only play with retrostone controller because to configurate another bluetooth wirelles controller is a crazy idea. Thats all. Thanks to read me
(04-12-2020, 03:19 PM)alexkidd Wrote: First time i tried yesterday, it would work but mappings were incomplete,  the shortcuts werent working. So I followed this: https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Set...Controller after a clean install, and it worked out of the box.
[Image: 8bitdo.jpg]

My Bluetooth controller works fine except only user 1 can control the RetroArch menu,And the all user can control menu option is on,is this a bug?
(04-11-2020, 08:38 PM)GRR Wrote: Sorry i was updating the post because the pictures was low res, and with bad orientation I have change for medium resolution and put in the correct angle but are moving again ... I dont know why

More pictures

Why the pictures are moved?

The good thing would be to make a video to put in to youtube named " How to install a bluetooth controller on a Retrostone 2 with retrorangepi 4,3 to play in Retroarch. 3 days on google looking for info and there is videos but not in retrorangepi 4,3 with retroarch 1.7.5 and Retrostone 2. Thats the problem no one software in a hardware, is a program with scripts inside another program inside other program to conect a wirelles accesory to play on a tv with hdmi Wink

I have read all this. I start with this from you... and then the other commentaries...

1. Connect to wifi or ethernet (for wifi, choose Enable from RetroPie - RetrOrangePi - Wifi submenu), then Connect
2. Go back to RetroPie section, choose RetroPie-Setup
3. Select Update RetroPie-Setup script and confirm it
4. Now go to Manage Packages
5. Choose Manage experimental packages
6. Roll down the list and choose joystick-selection
7. Choose Build from source
8. Now choose Configuration / Options
9. Make sure your controllers are connected, configure as desired
10. ROUND 1, FIGHT

RetroArch bluetooth controller
Every video showing how to setup a bluetooth controller for RetroArch, just shows how to go into Input > Input User 1 Binds > User 1 Bind all, and then you type in the buttons.

However, when I do this, my controller(s) never work. Do I need to somehow pair the controller to RetroArch before setting up the buttons? I can't find any info on this......please help

(I have RetroArch installed on Windows 10, and yes I have bluetooth enabled on the PC)

UPDATE: RESOLVED. See the bottom of this post

So, I got an already used retropie from a friend, who ended up building something else. Problem is, I want to use it with a SNES controller that I have, but it was already configured for another controller (wireless PS3 I think).

I checked the Github Wiki on controller configuration https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Set...figuration

And it says "RetroArch controls have been integrated into EmulationStation and will be the first thing you see when you boot from the RetroPie SD image the first time. You can also access it from the start menu within EmulationStation under the Configure Input option. Your joypad is automagically configured for libretro (RetroArch) emulators when you configure your controller in EmulationStation."

Sounds great. But, I'm not booting up for the first time. After searching around a bit I found you could force EmulationStation to reinitialize a new controller by going to the command prompt and deleting the es_input.cfg.

That "worked" in that it allowed me to configure my SNES controller to work on the EmulationStation menu, but it appears to have done nothing to configure it to work on RetroArch. I assume, since the controller will not work on any of the ROMs

So, how do I simply push my controller input from EmulationStation to RetroArch/ROMs?

RESOLUTION

I don't know why it was so hard to track down this information, as it's much simpler than most of what is described in the documentation.

All you need to do is the following: 1. From the "Retropie" menu select the option that lets you configure RetroArch through RGUI

Go to Settings

Go to Input

Select Input User 1 Binds

Select User 1 Bind All

Just like in the EmulationStation Config, grab the controller you want to use and follow the prompts to bind each button.

Save the Configuration (or find the "Save configuration on Exit" option and turn it on).

May be in the past, but now its not working. May be every update have diferences. I donk know. But Its not working ;(

This RetroArch solution worked for me, thank you, I now have two SNES wireless USB controllers working and playing Mario Cart.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  USB controllers don't work jblakes34 2 601 05-21-2020, 08:29 PM
Last Post: alexkidd
  HDMI RetrOrangePi working but not Retroarch blazouf 9 1,211 05-15-2020, 01:18 PM
Last Post: blazouf
  Bluetooth headset Pouet 1 452 04-21-2020, 02:12 AM
  Games besides retro ones Krempo 0 371 03-25-2020, 07:33 PM
Last Post: Krempo
  RetroArch 1.8.5 released MaxCH 0 486 03-22-2020, 12:20 PM
Last Post: MaxCH
  LCD screen does not work after disabling HDMI. Valden 2 749 02-20-2020, 01:18 PM
Last Post: Valden
  The sound of all games has stopped playing hando 3 955 02-02-2020, 10:29 AM
Last Post: hando
  PSX Games Stratigraphy 3 1,110 01-30-2020, 05:31 PM