Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problems of Dreamcast simulator
Hi there!  I find it has some problems with RS2's DC simulator. I have put bios file to both Bios folder and Bios/dc.
1. Run game with 'reicast', it entered game successfully,but only joystick and a,b,x,y ,start button work. 
L,R, select button and dpad not work at all. I have done the input mapping of retroPi, no use. How can I change the input mapping of 'reicast'?
And how to exit the simulator,tried every button,it looks like only way is restart RetroStone2.
2.I try to run game with 'lr-flycast',but it exits immediately.. I tried three games, same behavior. Any suggestion?

Please take a look, thanks very much!
Alright, i'll check it out.
Dreamcast mapping is a little complex (there is an executable in /opt/retropie/emulators/reicast/bin called reicast-joyconfig)
(04-21-2020, 02:14 AM)alexkidd Wrote: Alright, i'll check it out.
Dreamcast mapping is a little complex (there is an executable in /opt/retropie/emulators/reicast/bin called reicast-joyconfig)

Heart Thanks for the reply,Alexkidd! l find this file and try to read the codes, it is really too complex for me..
If L, R, dpad can work in reicast,and there's a button combination to exit, that would be nice.
Dreamcast button configuration guide (with exit function).
-Switch to desktop mode
-Start the Terminal and type: cd .. (Press Enter) repeat until returning to the main root
-Now type: cd /opt/retropie/emulators/reicast/bin (Press Enter)
-then type: ./reicast-joyconfig (Press Enter)
-At this point choose the number corresponding to the commands of the device, mine is 1 - RetroStone 2 controle (but yours could be different)
-then I type: 1 (Press Enter)
-Answer with "N" or "Y" to configure the keys, skip C, D, Z and Dpad2 answering with "N", my configuration:

[emulator]
mapping_name = RetroStone 2 Controle
btn_escape = 314

[dreamcast]
btn_a = 304
btn_b = 305
btn_x = 307
btn_y = 308
btn_start = 315
btn_dpad1_left = 546
btn_dpad1_right = 547
btn_dpad1_up = 544
btn_dpad1_down = 545
axis_x = 0
axis_y = 1

[compat]
btn_trigger_left = 310
btn_trigger_right = 311
axis_x_inverted = no
axis_y_inverted = no

-Obtained our configuration we can copy it in a text file and save it with the extension .cfg
-Let's give a name to the newly created file, Control_RetroStone2.cfg
-Let's move the Control_RetroStone2.cfg file to the folder: /opt/retropie/configs/dreamcast/mappings/
-Now let's go to the folder: /opt/retropie/configs/dreamcast/ and open the file: emu.cfg
-Let's add the line under [input]: evdev_mapping_1 = /opt/retropie/configs/dreamcast/mappings/control_RetroStone2.cfg
-Example:

[input]
evdev_device_id_1 = 2
evdev_device_id_2 = 3
evdev_device_id_3 = -1
evdev_device_id_4 = -1
evdev_mapping_1 = /opt/retropie/configs/dreamcast/mappings/control_RetroStone2.cfg

-We close and save the emu.cfg file
-Restart your RetroStone 2 and finally you can use all the buttons and the exit button
Sorry for my English, but I use a translator to write
(06-10-2020, 02:04 PM)999Nocturne Wrote: Dreamcast button configuration guide (with exit function).
-Switch to desktop mode
-Start the Terminal and type: cd .. (Press Enter) repeat until returning to the main root
-Now type: cd /opt/retropie/emulators/reicast/bin (Press Enter)
-then type: ./reicast-joyconfig (Press Enter)
-At this point choose the number corresponding to the commands of the device, mine is 1 - RetroStone 2 controle (but yours could be different)
-then I type: 1 (Press Enter)
-Answer with "N" or "Y" to configure the keys, skip C, D, Z and Dpad2 answering with "N", my configuration:

[emulator]
mapping_name = RetroStone 2 Controle
btn_escape = 314

[dreamcast]
btn_a = 304
btn_b = 305
btn_x = 307
btn_y = 308
btn_start = 315
btn_dpad1_left = 546
btn_dpad1_right = 547
btn_dpad1_up = 544
btn_dpad1_down = 545
axis_x = 0
axis_y = 1

[compat]
btn_trigger_left = 310
btn_trigger_right = 311
axis_x_inverted = no
axis_y_inverted = no

-Obtained our configuration we can copy it in a text file and save it with the extension .cfg
-Let's give a name to the newly created file, Control_RetroStone2.cfg
-Let's move the Control_RetroStone2.cfg file to the folder: /opt/retropie/configs/dreamcast/mappings/
-Now let's go to the folder: /opt/retropie/configs/dreamcast/ and open the file: emu.cfg
-Let's add the line under [input]: evdev_mapping_1 = /opt/retropie/configs/dreamcast/mappings/control_RetroStone2.cfg
-Example:

[input]
evdev_device_id_1 = 2
evdev_device_id_2 = 3
evdev_device_id_3 = -1
evdev_device_id_4 = -1
evdev_mapping_1 = /opt/retropie/configs/dreamcast/mappings/control_RetroStone2.cfg

-We close and save the emu.cfg file
-Restart your RetroStone 2 and finally you can use all the buttons and the exit button
Sorry for my English, but I use a translator to write
Thanks, will try.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Two problems with retroorange pi SpeirsR 1 610 04-05-2020, 03:03 PM
Last Post: SpeirsR
  Problems with both C64 emulators forktong 4 1,157 03-27-2020, 07:05 PM
Last Post: forktong
  Dreamcast - Reicast just Terminates Malleus 5 1,528 03-25-2020, 11:23 AM
Last Post: alexkidd
  Problems with screen and performance Arcaden 8 2,730 02-03-2020, 09:12 AM
Last Post: alexkidd