Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
eMMC as the bootable drive
Hi

I've managed to copy all my files over to the eMMC internal memory storage using a tutorial by maximilianvoss.

Unfortunately the final part of his tutorial doesn't seem to work for me. I can't set the eMMC drive as the default boot drive so it still tries to boot from the SD card I guess (which also doesn't work as it says it can't find files or something).

Here is the code I've tried (while logged in using root):

Code:
sudo cat >>/etc/fstab
/dev/mmcblk1p1      /home      ext4    defaults    0  0

The first line doesn't seem to do anything. I was expecting a screen to open up or something. I checked my drives and for some reason the eMMC partition is actually called 'mmcblk1p1/ome'

My 'h' is a bit difficult to get working on my keyboard. lol. That shouldn't be an issue should it? Anyone got a clue about this? When/where how are you supposed to add the second line?

Steve
to set root device you must edit /boot/armbianEnv.txt and change rootdev=UUID line

something like this
Code:
ls -l /dev/disk/by-uuid/

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 15 Feb  3 14:46 2b72147a-7dda-4722-963c-1a1a97e4648d -> ../../mmcblk0p1

edit: i never got to boot it without the sdcard though, but i could use it for roms solely. Tutorial soon
(02-04-2021, 11:47 AM)alexkidd Wrote: to set root device you must edit /boot/armbianEnv.txt and change rootdev=UUID line

something like this
Code:
ls -l /dev/disk/by-uuid/

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 15 Feb  3 14:46 2b72147a-7dda-4722-963c-1a1a97e4648d -> ../../mmcblk0p1

edit: i never got to boot it without the sdcard though, but i could use it for roms solely. Tutorial soon

Hi Alex

Ok thanks I will give a try. Smile

Steve
The idea of my tutorial was not to make the EMMC storage the boot device, just to store games there.
(02-23-2021, 07:10 AM)maximilianvoss Wrote: The idea of my tutorial was not to make the EMMC storage the boot device, just to store games there.

Ah okay sorry about that, I thought it was to make it the boot device.

I think I've screwed mine up anyway as I'm not sure how to get it to boot back into the Armbian desktop from the command line.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Formating emmc iori54 2 1,631 01-24-2020, 03:53 PM
Last Post: iori54