Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Psx games
Hi all, I have managed to get most if not all games working now Smile (would love to know how I can order my scummvm folder lol) I am left with 4 head scratchers, that may just be down to lack of power for the hardware:

Gex3d: enter the geko -boots and while Audio is choppy you can start the game.....but then it freezes

Legend of dragoon - freezes at the point the first fmv after boot  should play

Legend of mana - starts, plays intro.video, no controls work and then goes back to ES main menu

Xenogears- starts, however any button press causes it Togo back to main menu, or if left alone, shortly after it prompts you to press start, it will go back to the ES main menu
games crashing should be lack of BIOS
or maybe the emulator has issues, you can try going into RetroPie-Setup and update lr-pcsx-rearmed (PSX libretro emulator core)
(02-08-2021, 12:31 AM)alexkidd Wrote: games crashing should be lack of BIOS
or maybe the emulator has issues, you can try going into RetroPie-Setup and update lr-pcsx-rearmed (PSX libretro emulator core)

Defo not lack of bios, must be emulator then, I will update Smile

Unable to update :/ however I have managed to get all but legend of dragoon and gex working, xenogears and legend of mana needed controllers set to analogue and multitap turned of.

For some reason Lunar silver star wouldn't recognize my bios, no matter which one I tried, but it works with HLE
Hi @kemlo,

I had maybe some similar issues as to what you have described.
I found an old thread and one of alexkidd's reposnses there.
" edit2: you can also edit /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch-core-options.cfg and remove all pcsx_reamed entries "

This solved my psx games not working.
Posting it here since it may help you.

Original thread: http://retrorangepi.download/forum/showt...p?tid=3502
(04-01-2021, 08:47 AM)7thking Wrote: Hi @kemlo,

I had maybe some similar issues as to what you have described.
I found an old thread and one of alexkidd's reposnses there.
" edit2: you can also edit /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch-core-options.cfg and remove all pcsx_reamed entries "

This solved my psx games not working.
Posting it here since it may help you.

Original thread: http://retrorangepi.download/forum/showt...p?tid=3502
Been slowly tweaking this, I think the issue may be surrounding the fact it's an undub hack of legend of dragoon, I have managed to get everything else working now, end game is to load up an m.2 drive with psx games, and everything else on the SD card until an effective way to boot from the nand is released (tried a few times....failed miserably) my primary focus atm is scummvm....some games work in LR-Scummvm other work on standalone...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Bluetooth controllers work in retrorange pi 4.3 menus but not in Retroarch games GRR 8 3,762 04-19-2020, 12:58 PM
Last Post: nitro1980
  Games besides retro ones Krempo 0 750 03-25-2020, 07:33 PM
Last Post: Krempo
  The sound of all games has stopped playing hando 3 1,806 02-02-2020, 10:29 AM
Last Post: hando
  PSX Games Stratigraphy 3 2,029 01-30-2020, 05:31 PM
Last Post: alexkidd