Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Armbian wont boot
Hello,

Forgive me if im wrong, I just put the v4.3 image on an sd card into my Orange Pi PC and booted a fresh install. The next step was to add roms. I went into the "retropie" section of ES and select the "Retrorangepi" sub menu. From there i try to open "armbian" so i can add the ROMS to the proper folder right? Issue is, after i press to go into armbian i just get a black screen and my tv says there is not signal. The board seems to still be on but i get no signal. Any help? Big Grin
Hi, I'm Jake, new to this forum. Had an orange pi pc for a few years now and its gotten abit dusty. looking to get it up and running for some light emulation  Big Grin
i never saw the error, maybe Armbian desktop is trying to run an unsupported resolution. If you're able to plug an usb keyboard, quit to terminal from ES , then try running 'startx' . If it still fails, try "sudo mv /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/01* /home/pi/" then try "startx" . If all fails, you can still plug an ethernet cable and copy roms over the network (samba or SFTP)
(02-19-2021, 07:07 PM)alexkidd Wrote: i never saw the error, maybe Armbian desktop is trying to run an unsupported resolution. If you're able to plug an usb keyboard, quit to terminal from ES , then try running 'startx' . If it still fails, try "sudo mv /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/01* /home/pi/" then try "startx" . If all fails, you can still plug an ethernet cable and copy roms over the network (samba or SFTP)

I tried "startx" with the same issue (black screen - no signal) when i try to run the sudo command i get

"mv: missing destination file operand after '/etc/x11/xorg.conf.d/01*home/pi/'
Try  'mv --help' for more information"

Using ethernet is really worst case for me right now as i cant really get an ethernet set up where it is and would have to unplug my main pc to use my pc monitor. Preferably id like to be able to just load roms on a pendrive and load them on the pi.

I think u are onto something regards the resolution issue. Emulation station seems to just auto to 720p and work fine as it shows me on the tv.

I found this https://forum.armbian.com/topic/10416-bl...wont-boot/
seems similar and seems to be related to the sd card? I could look around to see if i have another, What is the max size u recommend? (class 10)

Also thanks for trying to help me out, i really appreciate it !
Hi, I'm Jake, new to this forum. Had an orange pi pc for a few years now and its gotten abit dusty. looking to get it up and running for some light emulation  Big Grin
there is a space and a slash here
'/etc/x11/xorg.conf.d/01*  /home/pi/'

edit: i dont think the issue is related to the armbian forum thread
edit2: you can try copying the files from command line (nice learning !)
Well the good news is that a managed to load the roms using the "ROMCOPY" under Retrorangepi. Works pretty well, sorts out all the directories on the usb, u place the ROMS accordingly and then it seems to find the roms well Smile. I havent tried a bios yet tho, just atari 2600. Bad news is i still didn't get the sudo command to work and dont have access to the desktop. Not sure how to use the Stella(atari2600 emu) settings as im pretty sure most games have a "pre-config" page like 1 player or 2 player and other settings. But i think i need to look into some stella settings for that Smile

Thanks for your help Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gpio driver not auto loading on boot Dark Knight_TJ 0 197 07-19-2021, 05:07 AM
Last Post: Dark Knight_TJ
  How dose ORPI boot..? spannernick1 1 949 12-11-2020, 04:55 PM
Last Post: spannernick1
  I can only boot from EMMC Drew Nucci 1 764 11-27-2020, 02:48 AM
Last Post: Drew Nucci
  OrangePi PC not boot _ElementoZerO_ 0 787 08-25-2020, 08:16 PM
Last Post: _ElementoZerO_
  New 4.3 OrangePI PC Image Doesn't boot shawnsdada 32 16,871 10-07-2019, 10:22 AM
Last Post: alexkidd