Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NEW FIRMWARE FOR RETROSTONE 2 PLS!
Hi to the Mighty RetrOrangePi Developers,

It been over a year now, I like to know if there is any new firmware for Retrostone 2. I recalled the last update was Version 4.3 back in Feb 2020. Im having issue with my retrostone 2 as I update the retropie/ retroarch somehow the console do not start any roms on every emulators and the errors on retroarch. I have to reformat my micro SD card and install a fresh V4.3 in order to get it to work again. But I'm afraid to update retropie/ retroarch. I hope RetrOrangePi Developers able to fix or create a new firmware.

Thank you
Smile
MeToo...
@alexkidd seems to be the only one who is developing.
But yes, its realy time for a recent FW update. If there will be no FW update, then this is unfortunately further electrical waste...
So please alexkidd, give us an update and a timeline or say we can forget about this project.
RS2 should get a partial update (retroarch,cores etc) and fixes, but not a complete firmware as it seems to perform worse with latest kernels (when moving to MESA GPU libraries)
Thank you alexkid for all the development work on the orangepi boards. I hope that new retro projects will emerge. I am also waiting for the update, because I am not capable to contribute to the project. how can we help otherwise?
(09-19-2021, 01:41 PM)alexkidd Wrote: RS2 should get a partial update (retroarch,cores etc) and fixes, but not a complete firmware as it seems to perform worse with latest kernels (when moving to MESA GPU libraries)

Thanks for your response, so when will the Partial update be available? Do you know what the reason the RS2 can’t run the roms after update the retropie/ retroarch? Is it possible to partial update retroarch to the latest firmware? Thanks again for your hard work! We all do appreciate it!  Smile
(09-19-2021, 02:57 PM)retrofan Wrote:
(09-19-2021, 01:41 PM)alexkidd Wrote: RS2 should get a partial update (retroarch,cores etc) and fixes, but not a complete firmware as it seems to perform worse with latest kernels (when moving to MESA GPU libraries)

Thanks for your response, so when will the Partial update be available? Do you know what the reason the RS2 can’t run the roms after update the retropie/ retroarch? Is it possible to partial update retroarch to the latest firmware? Thanks again for your hard work! We all do appreciate it!  :)

Hi Alexkidd,

Any news regards to the firmware update?
Pretty busy at work atm. As soon as i can spare some time, there will be more progress
Also firmware for 8GB NAND memory on Retrostone 2 Pro and joistick fixes.
Whats point to have that memory if dont use it.
Regards
(09-28-2021, 12:22 PM)alexkidd Wrote: Pretty busy at work atm. As soon as i can spare some time, there will be more progress

Hi alexkidd,

it 2022 and still waiting for the new firmware. Any chance of getting to it? Hope you are well and safe.  Smile
Without response from alexkidd we can say that ultimately the project may have been set aside by lack of human resources, lack of financial resources, lack of time. But I don’t blame anyone except myself for trusting 8bcraft. Indeed, when I saw the good reviews of the retrostone 1st generation and that a version 2 was planned I had a lot of expectations there was what with 8G nands, the extension with the SATA 2242 M.2. Especially since the creators are passionate and have taken the comments of the users into account. For example: taking a better screen. But also reducing the costs on the processor from an H3 to a less powerful A20. Despite this, I continued to hope that Hardware does not all and that Software is also important. But again it’s disappointment because some features of the pro version are not supported by the OS. I don’t blame developers for doing the best they can with the time they have. And, it’s already more than 2 years that the console and release and it’s radio silence for both Pierre Louis Boyer in the face of the dissatisfaction of customers who are disappointed with the product especially with this concern of the optimization of the OS. Personally I have always believed in the project, but I feel that even its creators no longer support their own projects. And the problem of lost trust is that people are less confident, hence the campaign flop for the Retrobloc (same component as the retrostone with a different design). Moreover, the fact that we remain unclear about the progress of a future OS that would be in preparation does not reassure either. Finally, I think the simplest thing would have been to say that the last update of the OS is really the last and that the other functions of the version will never operate.
Thank you to all those who still keep the project alive.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Retrostone 2 Pro gamepad configuration issue jdwarfer 1 341 04-24-2022, 09:58 PM
Last Post: jdwarfer
  OS NAND Retrostone pro bouboulover 5 2,812 10-19-2021, 08:50 PM
Last Post: D86592
  Retrostone 2 Playstation just goes into Main Menu WeLoveHandball 12 9,240 03-31-2021, 08:15 PM
Last Post: alexkidd
  Retrostone not booting - black screen Kayno 6 2,706 03-20-2021, 09:06 PM
Last Post: GingeR13
  Download Link Dead [404 Not found] and Giving some love from us to Retrostone 2 Metainferno 2 2,107 01-26-2021, 09:31 PM
Last Post: alexkidd
  Retrostone 2 Pro with M.2 Sata SSD. maicoalvim 1 1,555 10-18-2020, 09:43 AM
Last Post: 999Nocturne
  Configuring 8Bitdo SF30 Pro BT with Retrostone 2 Jodibam 4 3,134 06-11-2020, 02:14 PM
Last Post: Jodibam
Thumbs Down Retrostone 2 wifi and psx memory card Krempo 3 2,832 06-05-2020, 03:01 PM
Last Post: timespawn
  HDMI on Dosbox with Retrostone 2 Jodibam 2 1,990 06-03-2020, 04:42 PM
Last Post: Jodibam
  Retrostone 2 (Clear blue) - Atrocious Sound Quality Fenny 11 8,217 04-28-2020, 04:47 PM
Last Post: Fenny